Welcome to our second home, our first build, thanks for following our journey!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Soil tests are booked

I got an email from my admin on Friday night to say that our soil tests have been booked in so hopefully will see them happen sometime this week. We were down at the block yesterday having a look around and there was someone doing soil tests on about 7 different blocks. I wonder if they are all being built by the same builder... I really hope ours get done this week so that we can have a normal tender, not a provisional.

Our admin also said that the earliest she can get us an appointment for contract signing is May 11th so I have asked if we can just sign them and post them so that all paperwork can be completed by the end of April when we will hopefully get the titles and then we can get started ASAP!!!

Other good news is that we found the perfect curtains for our theatre room at Spotlight so now we will wait for them to have a sale! We also got a Wiltshire cutlery set from Target that was $50 off and has 10 of everything as well as salad servers and other bits and peices. A great find! I threw our old $20 cutlery set out when we moved out so have been keeping an eye out for a sale.

Other good news - I am on holidays!!

4 comments:

  1. That's exciting news! I hope your soil test comes back asap. How good is Spotlight for window furnishings?! Which curtains are you going for? Custom made?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fel! Drove past today and still no soil test :( Although as long as they have it by tender I don't mind!
    The theatre curtains that we saw were already made, you just buy them off the shelf, the only thing I would have to do is shorten them. I am waiting until the have a sale on custom made so that I can get a quote for plantations along the front of the house, bathroom and maybe living. For the rest of the rooms, I think double rollers which I may just buy from Bunnings, but I will ask Spotlight for a price, doesn't hurt! I'm hoping they have a custom made sale in the middle of the year for stocktake sales - fingers crossed. Did you wait until they had the sale advertised and then go in? Still can't wait to see yours! Won't be long now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I waited until they had a '25% off custom made if you order 12 or more blinds' sale. The discount was less if you ordered less blinds so we got 12. They have '20% off everything' one day sales every now and again (and that includes custom blinds as long as you go in on that day with your window measurements and get quoted.) There's one on tomorrow but I'd wait for the next one if I was you because there can't be too long between your initial quote and when they measure your actual windows or the discount lapses. They have the 20% off sales about 4 times a year, I reckon they'll have one for you in the middle of the year :-)

    Cheers to holidays xo
    Slowly working my way through my 'things to do' list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent, thanks for the info. I will keep an eye out for a mid year one. I have a VIP, I should see if I can subscribe to an email or something to let me know when the sales are on...
    Love the holidays! Hope you are enjoying yours and getting through the list :) Your shoe shelf looks great!

    ReplyDelete