Welcome to our second home, our first build, thanks for following our journey!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Answers to Questions

I'm really not sure on my wall colour. I want something that's darker than a white, with a beigey type tone. I really need help here and I'm hoping that they will be able to make suggestions for me next week. Please let me know if you have any ideas!! It's Dulux btw.
I have gone back to my original colour of beige royal full strength and kept the quarter strength for the doors and skirts. The girl really liked it with our other choices and it shows that you should always follow your gut!!
Are my stained doors (front, both laundry doors and dressing) stained on both sides or are the external doors only stained on the outside?
Not sure if they were before, there was a little bit of confusion, but they will be now as she put a note on the end of our selection document.
I need to double check my handles and the way they will be positioned on the kitchen drawers and vanity drawers if they are going to be horizontal.
Yes, they will.
I was going to query about making the toilet/ensuite/bathroom windows obscure/translucent but have decided to do this just with the loo and leave the bathroom and ensuite (thanks Fel!). As the ensuite looks out to the front, I will always have my shutters closed when I am showering or what not and this way they will look uniform across the front.
Our ensuite W.C window is now a translucent type of glass.
Is the bath square or round? (some of these questions are probably eye rollers!)
Square! I also really want to add the bath to the ensuite, so I think I will ask our admin to add it and then if we go over budget at tender we can always take it out.
How will the tiles be laid in the shower and around the bath as they are brick shaped but I don't want them laid like bricks, I would like them to be stacked.
They will be stacked.
Add a privacy lock to the main W.C.
Done.
Change the laundry tiles, this has been a main concern ever since we left Cosham last time as we sort of rushed into it and just agreed with something for the sake of it I think. So I am looking forward to making this change.
We are really happy with the changes made and I will post some pics in my next post.
Query laundry bench tops as I have written down Jerusalem Stone but my sample chip is Petra Stone?? Hmm.
We looked at both samples today and definitely liked the Jerusalem Stone which was what we had written down but not the one in my picture.
Check out what the fly wire door is going to be like on the laundry, is it mesh or those cross type things?? (another eye roller!)
It is just a mesh and we aren't sure about it now either as it is going to be a glass door and this may detract from the look. Something to think about before tender.
Are the fly screens lockable?
Thank you Erin for already answering this one for us :)
What is the difference between translucent and obscure glass?
She did show us two different examples of what we could choose from for the toilet window and we went with the one that looks like the translucent that we are having on the front door.
There is something I need to query about the front door handle but I can't understand what I have written down here, so will have to go and check that out!
I still couldn't figure this out - who knows what I was thinking!
What are the doors and handles on the butlers pantry?
They will be the same as our other standard doors and door handles.
Does tiled skirting need to be in the contract, or is it and I am blind?
Yes I am blind, it comes standard.
Smart wiring packages (this may have to wait until tender)
Tender
Can they do phone points? (again may have to wait until tender)
Again, big thanks to Erin!
Where is the fuse box, if they know? I can't seem to see it on the plan. (Again may just be me!)
Tender
Carpets - look at the new range and pick one!
Love the carpet we chose, so soft and a great colour.
They also have new timber laminate so will check that out too.
It was a little nicer and shiny but with a higher price tag so we stuck to our original.

Thanks Annie and Erin for helping me out before the appointment too, muchly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment