Welcome to our second home, our first build, thanks for following our journey!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

All moved

Last weekend we spend two HUGE days moving everything out. Friday night was packing, packing, packing and then on Saturday we moved the majority of our things into storage. Three trips with their trailer and some rearranging (the treadmill and BBQ were the hardest!) we were done. I'm glad we went for the larger sized unit.
Saturday night was spent organising what we would be taking out to the farm and cleaning the house from top to bottom for the new owners. I'm so glad I did that on the Saturday because I have been so tired ever since that the thought of having to go back and clean would have been really bad!!
Sunday morning we got up nice and early, packed our cars, waited for mum and dad to arrive and then moved ourselves and two dogs (the cat has already made her move out there) out to the farm. We are all settled in now with just a few little things to organise. I am still feeling it though! Was better than the gym!
The inspection on the house is today and then settlement is on Friday. I must admit I was very sad to leave, welled up a bit when we left. I loved living there and have nothing but fond memories. Now onto the next chapter of our lives.
My last visit to the block was Friday and I am waiting until this Friday to go again. The engineer told me that construction should be finished by the end of Feb so I have my fingers crossed. Once that is done we can get our soil tests and do our tender appointment so we will know what we are up for!
I am waiting to hear from our admin to see if we can have another (shorter) colours appointment to go over everything we missed and to find out a few prices on things that we were told we would find out before tender such as the theatre extension price as we are not having a stacker door so hopefully should be a little cheaper.
Fingers crossed for the block visit on Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment