Welcome to our second home, our first build, thanks for following our journey!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Colours - Conclusion!

We are very pleased with the choices we have made and very lucky that we have renovated a house and have similar tastes. Also that Kris was so good at standing up for us and not letting the consultant talk us out of everything that we wanted. Everyone has different tastes and this is ours and how we want our home to look. Fingers crossed that it all comes together now!!

We have also added sound proofing insulation to the wall between the theatre and living and to the toilet walls as it backs onto the dining area.

We are going to paint the theatre room in a deep red - Dulux Henna Red. This is Kris' project and he is going to set it up like a traditional theatre. Don't faint but we are also painting the dressing room black. Yes, black. It will be a black and white themed room. The walls will be black and everything else will be white - mirror, ottomen, drawers, hanging things, etc. I know it's risky, but hey!

We were going to get their carpet as it would be easier to have it done before handover. They offer one from Fowles and they won't upgrade it! We really want something a little better in quality so will have to hunt around and find a price for that.

Oh and we added two pot drawers to the kitchen and a flywire door to the laundry. I think that is everything. I am thinking now that I wanted to change my bathroom/ensuite windows to translucent/obscure - what is the difference between the two?? She didn't ask and I forgot in the confusion. Wonder if I can just ask to add this?

Thanks for taking the time to look through all the colours!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic! It all looks so good! I wish I had taken lots of photos at the colour selection like you did. Later on it will help when you've forgotten what you picked! Good job guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fel! I feel so much better about it now. It was only because of Homeone that I thought to take so many photos. It will give me something to look at while I am waiting for the land to settle!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I am Anand and following your blog. I must tell you that its very informative. I am also building Lexinton Q2 and somehow your choice of everything in house is almost similar with what we are going to decide in our colour appointment. Lots of advise from you will help me a lot. it would really help me,if you give me some(actually i need a lot of) advise on doors and tiles in master suit and bathroom. if interested please write mail to me on anandvyas1@rediffmail.com
    Thanks very much in advance ......Anand

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anand, thanks so much for reading through. Nice to meet another Lexington builder! We are going back to Cosham to go over a few things that were missed and also to change a few things now that we have had the time to think about it. The door for the toilet in the ensuite will just be standard, but we will have the stained glass one to the dressing the same as the display at Point Cook because I really liked the look. We have gone for a lighter floor tile with a bit of a pattern through it so that it won't show up every little mark. (We had plain darker ones at our old house and they were harder to keep clean, although they looked really nice) I wanted a darker wall tile for the shower and bath to act as a feature. Let me know if you have any other questions and also let me know how you go with your colours. Would love to follow another Lexington Build! Do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete