Welcome to our second home, our first build, thanks for following our journey!

Monday, January 25, 2010

-Choosing a house to build

I won't tell you how many display homes we have been to, how many builders we have done quotes with, how many hours I have spent thinking about it all!!

We decided to go to Point Cook to look at Henley and Carlilse as they don't have displays here. Carlilse was closed for the Chrissy break (plus found out later that they don't build where our block is) and as soon as we walked into the 'Henley Street' I new this was it. I really liked all of their single story plans, thought their prices were great and the inclusions were fantastic. I had a list of things that I took to each builder with the things I really wanted included and the only ones that Henley didn't do were main flooring and concrete. I was really impressed.

I fell in love with the Lexington when we went through it as it had everything we hoped for. Large master with large ensuite and even larger dressing - check, 4 bedrooms - check, seperate study - check, theatre room - check, alfresco - check. We decided to go with the Q2 as it was a little cheaper ;) and also we got the butlers pantry and alfresco area.


We went back the next day, sat down with V and got a quote. We were very happy with it. We paid a deposit before they closed for Christmas which locked us in for the 2009 prices. I then had display home withdrawals as everyone was closed over Christmas and New Year!!


Standard Lexington Q2:

1 comment:

  1. I think your floor plan is great. I particularly like where the laundry is positioned.

    ReplyDelete